SUMMER COCKTAIL LINE UP
Hello Hello! I am back and excited to post bi weekly! I will keep my posts short and sweet or at least I will try. All future posts are about me (Meg) sharing things with you. I love to create and I love to share it all. You can expect the things I love to eat, wear, DO, read, DRINK ( like in this post) Local spots I adore, DIY, and beauty tips as well as wellness stuff and I do have lots of STUFF. I hope you follow along so you can be part of the FINN + CO. journal. There will be discounts , give aways and promotions along the way! FIRST OFF, do not be fooled...it is still spring! This warm sunny weather has us filled with all those summer loving vibes! I currently may or may not be heading to the beach. Sometimes I need to sneak off to get my SALT fix. Usually this time of year I start day dreaming about my summer menus and drinks. I don’t know why but I am a seasonal creature in every way and have those seasonal cravings. Normal for being a Maine girl? I always like to try new cocktails in hopes of them being my new favorite. I am still a Dirty Martini lover when it comes to a cocktail. Classic or boring you tell me? Of course I am always inspired by the gorgeous options on Pinterest, or by the local restaurants and bars. I think there may be a second post about cocktails down the road as I would love to give a shout out to the local BARS that do it right - at least in my opinion. NO, I am not a huge drinker, but I love a fun cocktail or two! For now here are some yummy cocktails I will be mixing up this summer at home. Don’t forget to buy fresh and local.
#1 Skinny Coconut Margarita
1 Lime, Fresh wedge, to serve
3 oz. coconut milk, lite ( from the can)
3 oz. Tequila blanco
1 1/2 oz. Triple sec
8 oz. coconut water
* In a cocktail shaker, combine the coconut milk, tequila blanco, triple sec, and coconut water. Shake it shake it! Pour into a glass with ice. Serve with that fresh lime wedge.
#2 Super Sorbet
Fresh mint leaves
1 pint of blood orange sorbet
1 pint of lemon sorbet
1 Angostura bitters
1 bottle prosecco
* Add 2-3 dashes of bitters to the bottom of your favorite glass. Add a few small scoops of that sorbet - yum. Add a few sprigs of fresh mint. Pour prosecco over sorbet. Sounds easy enough - can’t wait! I found this recipe at www.bakedbree.com
#3 Grapefruit Salty Dog
1/3 cup freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons good vodka
coarse sea salt for rim
fresh grapefruit slice for garnish
1 cup crushed ice
* wet the rim of your glass with water or some grapefruit juice and then dip into the salt. Fill glass with crushed ice. Combine the juice and vodka and shake it up! pour over glass & enjoy! Sip - sip - ah! Found at the www.cookierookie.com
#4 Watermelon Mojito
servings 6 drinks
30 large mint sprigs
4 thick slices of fresh watermelon (seeds rinds removed)
10 oz. light rum
1/2 cup simple syrup
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
Sprigs of mint and watermelon for serving
* Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves you can add a little raw sugar to help break them up and extract the mint. Remove and discard the rinds and seeds from watermelon. Place the watermelon, rum, simple syrup, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir to get froth to settle. Put the mashed mint into a pitcher and then pour the watermelon mixture into pitcher. Give it a stir, and then pour over ice into 6 glasses. Garnish with extra mint and slices of watermelon.
Cheers to you and those summer loving vibes!
#sun #salt #sand #sea
* Looking for some cute cocktail art? Visit my friend’s page for some fun cards or art prints. I love her cocktail cards! They are perfect in those summer hostess gifts.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.