A SWEET GLIMPSE TO OUR 4TH!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO A LONG WEEKEND CELEBRATING AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL. THE MIX OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, MUSIC, LAUGHTER, LATE NIGHTS, BEACH DAYS, GAMES, COCKTAILS, SPARKLERS AND TREATS MAKE 4TH OF JULY ONE OF OUR FAVORITES!!THIS SWEET TREAT PAIRS NICELY WITH SPICEY HERBED CHICKEN BURGERS AND HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO FRIES. IT IS SIMPLE YET CHIC AND EASY SO YOU DON'T MISS THE FIRE WORKS! WE THOUGHT YOU MAY WANT TO GIVE THIS A TRY! DELISH!
ROASTED STRAWBERRY MILK SHAKE:
- 1 pound strawberries (freshly picked if possible)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 4 to 5 think lemon slices
1. Heat oven to 375 degree. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. The rim is important as the berries will release a lot of juice! Toss the berries with sugar right on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the berries with pinch of salt. Lay the lemon slices evenly on the top of the berries.
2. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring once or twice until the fruit and has released its juice, and the juice has started to thicken just slightly. Remove the lemon slices and let cool. These can be made a day ahead.
Make it a Milk Shake..
- 1 pint of GOOD vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup good-quality buttermilk
- leaves from 3 healthy mint sprigs
- roasted strawberries
1. Pile everything in a blender and blend! If you want a thinner consistency add some more buttermilk. Pour into glasses and serve.
CHEERS + HAPPY 4TH!
FINN & CO.